Thursday, October 1, 2020

Calico Bowl continued-finishing & Coffee table update

 Hi Everyone,

Well, the sanding is done and there is nothing left to do with the bowl except apply the finish. Here's today's photos:

Here's the bowl with a preliminary coat of salad bowl varnish. It has amberised the color a bit and I think that looks really nice:




I used General Finishes salad bowl finish for this project. I've used it in the past and it makes for a durable finish. And if the finish is damaged it's easy to fix it.


I'll put two more coats on it and then it's done. I'll post completion photos this weekend.

______________

The Coffee Table

Ahem...I finished the table and triumphantly carried upstairs to the living room expecting another Selkie Wood Works victory. I set it down in front of the couch (which I'm building another one beginning in a week or two) and it was like someone had let all the air out of a balloon. It just fizzled out. It doesn't look at all good in the living room (it doesn't look good in general) so I'm going to re-think it for several days and probably re-do it. 

Sometimes these things don't work out. It's probably the wood fairies fault. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment