Friday, July 13, 2018

Selkie Wood Works Returns!

Hello All,
I am happy to announce that I and Selkie Wood Works are returning. My fortunes improved and I was able to hang on to my equipment. Many people were very kind to me during this period and I'd like to thank them all and especially dedicate the blog to my friend Leda.

Due to the kindness of a benefactor, I am going to be enrolling in a cabinetmaking course this fall to finally learn how to make furniture, cabinets, and other things as a professional wood worker. I am excited about this and very grateful for the opportunity. I plan to keep all of you informed as to this latest journey in life with photos and my usual musings.

I've kept busy these months re-designing and carving spoons. I think they are much nicer looking and I've discovered the American cherry is my new best friend wood-wise. It carves easily and it's very pretty when finished:


And I've taken up making and canning my own jam:

Mmmmm....

Oh, and Rhubarb says hi to everyone:


The course begins in late August so be on the lookout for a posting.

I'm back, the blog is back and we're moving forward. So once again, grab some coffee, put your feet up, and drop by the wood shop. You never know what's on the horizon.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment