Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Lathe Works! Selkie Wood Works Returns

Hello Everyone,

Well, it's been a while since I've had a post here on SWW but I am returning with great news-my lathe is up and running once again. I finally found a switch that works and the lathe runs forwards, backwards and at variable speeds. So I can resume turning wood once again.

I haven't worked in the wood shop for a while as its been so very cold here this past winter. I really thought that I would not be able to resume turning and so I packed up everything. So later today I'm going to unpack my equipment and set up my shop again and get back to work. So I'll be posting regularly from now until it gets too cold at year's end.

I have several wood turning projects that have been uncompleted-a salad bowl for my nephew Michael and some jar lids for a friend of mine-and that I'll finish and post about so you can see them. I also have two lovely young friends who are getting married later this year and I'm going to make them a large salad bowl as a wedding present and I'll post about that as well. I also need a few things myself such as a larger cutting board for my kitchen and a small table for my deck and we'll do those together as well. And my youngest son is moving out this summer and he needs some stuff too and I'll post about those as well.

So you and I have a busy year this year so grab some coffee and drop by the wood shop. The adventure begins again!!

Best Always,
VW

2 comments: