Monday, November 3, 2014

Broken Lathe...

Hi Everyone,

Well, I have some not so good news-my lathe is broken. The on-off switch isn't working and I haven't been able to find a replacement part for it. It seems that Delta no longer makes replacement switches for my lathe-their website says it's obsolete. So for the time being, I'm unable to turn wood.

The lathe that I own is the Delta Midi Lathe, model 46-460. If you have a suggestion as to how to work around this problem or if you know of a supplier who can sell me a switch, please send me note via the comments section below.

This is really the pits and I'm relieved that I don't have any pending bowl orders right now.

I am going to be continuing the blog and I'll be working on other non-wood turning projects that I've needed to do so I'll still be here doing projects in the wood shop.

So stay tuned-as always there's another project just over the horizon and we'll all still create objects out of wood together.

Best,
VW

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vickie,

    Sorry to hear your lathe is currently out of action.

    Maybe if you post what model the Delta lathe is someone may see this and be able to source parts for you or even have the part in a drawer somewhere?

    I would be more than happy to ask around my turning club over here in the UK.

    Thanks,
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete